As you may know, the Office of Research Integrity Assurance (ORIA) is no longer under the GTRC/GTARC organization, but is now included in the EVPR office. If you are sending email to associates in ORIA, and you are using the GTRI/GTRC mail system, you may find that your messages are not delivered. This is likely due to your mail client cache. If you experience bounced messages when sending to ORIA emails, please clear your auto-complete cache in your local Outlook client (e.g. https://its.unl.edu/emailhome/clear-e-mail-cache). After clearing your cache - resend the message. If you still receive a bounce back or if you do not hear back from ORIA, please contact us via phone or Teams to make sure your message was received.
The following policies and procedures ensure that research and teaching activities involving vertebrate animals conducted at Georgia Tech comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Georgia Tech IACUC Policies and Procedures: This document details GT policies and procedures involving use of vertebrate animals, including Principal Investigator eligibility requirements, protocol review, required training, post-approval monitoring, and more. The major policies and procedures sections are separated in the outline below for quick access:
These guidance documents also set out IACUC policies in the following specific areas:
- Transport, Transfer, and Receipt of Animals
- Use of Non-Pharmaceutical Grade Compounds or Expired Materials
- Protocol Modification and Approval
- USDA Pain Categories
- Disaster Plan
- Group Pair and Social Housing Policy
- Recordings of the Animal Research Program – Audio, Video, & Photo
These guidance documents set out PRL Policies in the following specific areas:
- Procurement of Vertebrate Animals: GT has a centralized procedure for procuring vertebrate animals for research and teaching activities. No purchases should be made until a protocol receives IACUC approval.
- PRL Animal Care & Services Policy: This guidance document explains how charges are allowed and allocated to sponsored projects.